Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Where did last week go?

Well, I have been back at work for over a week now and it is if I have never left. In 4 school days, I took whole school assembly, did playground duty, led staff meeting and taught children in Year 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6! It's fair to say that I am back!
Emily is settling into her new routine with some success, we are still trying to get her sleeping during the day sorted out. Our childminder is really patient as she settles in on a Monday and a Tuesday and her grandmum is having a great time on Wednesdays! We are benefitting from having two cars and are managing the drop offs and pick ups. The house is relatively tidy and we have eaten every night, so we feel some sense of achievement as our new routines have begun.
We have had a busy week and weekend. Jamie has been sharing his music with church (check out the link on the side bar) and we went to another church on Sunday night where he was able to share some there too. We also attended a Service of Celebration for the life of a dear friend's father. It was an amazing service with so many people sharing stories of a such a great man.
Jamie is at Old Trafford tonight, the score is currently 2-2. I suppose it's not too bad, however 2 away goals is a good head start for the Italians. I am at home looking at work for tomorrow as I have to teach Year 2. I really hate the Infants. I feel that my strengths lie with the upper part of the school but... it will earn money and it is only until the end of July.
I have included some pictures of the past week, it's fair to say we were shattered. Emily struggled with sleeping and went to sleeping less than 10 hours a night, most mornings she woke between 5 and 6.00 am.
Enjoying song time with Daddy, (trying to clap in time!)
An exhausting Sunday requires a sleep (and yes I know she looks like her dad!)
Yes, she still looks like her dad. (Ignore my Gromit smile!)
We got the letters to say that we have been paid off
our Student loans. It took J 9 years and me 7.

2 comments:

hendricks said...

I can't believe J was at the game! That's brilliant. We are watching the replay tonight at 6 but have company coming at 7 (Greg has already tried to convince me to phone and postpone until 8). I am sure you are in top form at school already and I hope all three of you will find your legs soon!
Sara

Rachel said...

i feel like i will NEVER pay off my student loan. around £40.00 a month just doesn't seem like it's going to make any dent.

you look like a very happy family.

also, i'm glad jamie is making music for church. i actually thought about that a while back and i'm glad he's doing it!! :)