Thursday, June 23, 2011

He's here

Seth Norman David McCulloch arrived 1 hour and 3 minutes late on Tuesday 14th June. He is doing well, his cleft is not as severe as they had predicted from the scans and antenatal appointments. His palate appears intact; we have our consultant and surgeon's appointment on July 14th when we will have more information. He is feeding well and growing well. We are well supported by Jenny our Cleft team nurse. She visits every few days and asks as well as answers questions.

Emily and Joel adore him and don't like leaving him to go to school, or our childminder. They are kind and positive to him and we seem to be settling into some sort of rhythm as a family of five.Jamie goes back to work on Tuesday, we will see how that goes as I do the school run on my own with Joel, Emily and Seth in tow! I may be in my pyjamas, but as long as Emily is dressed we will be ok!

Emily had sports day this week; her team came second and her house won. Her daddy also came 3rd in the parents egg and spoon race.... it was nice to be able to go as a family.


Joel is well, he is still as obsessed with football as ever. He had 36 footballs and balls prior to Seth arriving. He now has 38! The more the merrier as he lines them up in the garden in front of his football net!


It was my birthday yesterday. I really got spoilt. I love my new yummy mummy bag, thanks to my parents and parents in law. I also got a wonderful necklace, from Jamie, with the children's names stamped on individual tags! I love it! We are well, life is good, Seth is great, Joel is fab and Emily is perfect! Long may it last.

No comments: