Wednesday, April 12, 2006

School holidays

Don't you just love them!
Well Jamie and I do. We are now 3 days into them and we have been enjoying our lack of routine. We find the whole Monday to Friday get up around 6.30am be at work from 7.30am leave work between 4.30 and 6pm a bit boring... so it is so great when the holidays come round.
So... what have we been up to?
On Monday Jamie went to school with me to help me move lots of my heavy stuff and take down displays that required balancing precariously on the top of a ladder. Tuesday we both went to our own schools and caught up on paperwork for J and for me, well more packing up of my resources and things. I thought I should do it now when the kids aren't in as I have only 5 weeks of teaching left when we go back after Easter.
But today has been the best day so far. We got in our new car, ( we had to get one that would fit a pram and a car seat and 2 adults!!) and drove to Formby Point, near Liverpool,

to see the red squirrels,

stroll around in the sand dunes,and get our faces blown off on the beach.

It was great. We did see something that caught our eye, you really can find everything including a kitchen sink on Formby Beach!!

All in all a great day, a cool way to spend our day.

On another note, our good friends Eifion and Esther are now in Dubai and soaking up temperatures in the 30's. They were hoping to go sand dune buggy racing, we don't think the wind will be as biting there as it was today in Formby. Have a good holiday Jenkins!! Enjoy the sun!


For all you baby bump watchers, we will try to remember to take photos of the growing bump and post them soon. ( only 11 weeks to go!!)

2 comments:

Knights @ not so round table said...

Eeek! 11 weeks is that all? Have you started your antenatal classes yet?

iulia and geordan said...

Iulia and I went to Formby Beach last summer when my parents were here for a visit. We had to search for awhile before we saw any red squirrels so I am glad you saw one!
Geordan