Friday, April 07, 2006

End of Term

It's the end of term!!! The kids are leaving school and suddenly I am surrounded by peace and quiet. Oh the joys of knowing you have 2 weeks off!
Well, I knew it had been such a long time since I had posted that I thought I would share this little story with you. Some of you may know about it already but my friend here at work showed this to me earlier.
Below is a picture that won the Photo of the Year competition in the National Geographic. As you can see it is a pretty amazing shot. My colleague is a R.E. teacher and uses it to creat discussions in his class about Who, What, How, Where, Why etc. He says this photo in particular is a particularly powerful tool.

He then went on to say that this picture was in fact a hoax. When readers of the National Geographic had seen this the magazine received 2 seperate letters, one claiming the shark photo to be theirs and one claiming the helicopter photo to be theirs!

The photo had in fact been overlapped to give the sensational picture above. You can see below this the photos that were placed together to give this one image.

Well, I'll let you know how the half term is going throughout next week. I do have quite a lot of work to do so I will be coming back into school for a couple of days. As some of you know that is quite unlike me!

I'm also off to the United-Arsenal game this weekend. Got some tickets in the new Quadrants that have been recently built so looking forward to that.

On Easter Sunday we'll take off with my Mum and Dad to Whitby for a few days so it will be nice to get away. That's all for now!

3 comments:

hendricks said...

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhh....United-Arsenal. Now that's just takin the mick. Should be awesome dude. Just be careful about singing any chant that has a word that rhymes with banker in it. You never know what these Brits will consider offensive! Anyway, we'll hope for a good result for United -one that'll give Murinho something to lose a bit of sleep over. (I still have that picture of Ruud's penalty on Lehmann from the fixture 2 years ago.)

iulia and geordan said...

Have fun on holiday guys! Kept trying to get across the room to say hi to you this morning JA, but it just didn't happen. Seriously though, you couldn't be any cuter as a pregnant lady! And Jamie- THANK YOU for the mac'n cheese!!! It was amazing :)You are truly a sacrifical man!
i

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

It's a nice little pudding at the moment. I am sure that will change soon! Thanks xx