Friday, March 23, 2007

It's been a while

We have been quite busy over the past 2 weeks.
We made it to Rhos on Sea ( North Wales) where the sun shone and we even got to walk on the beach. Emily is growing rapidly (17lbs 12 0z) and will soon be out of the Bjorn so we are taking as many opportunities to put her in it before we graduate to a back carrier.

Emily and I have been to Belfast to visit all the family. Our niece has now got 2 teeth and is enjoying the freedom of her roller walker. It is amazing to see the similarities and differences in their growth and development as well as their personalities. We had a great visit, although it is not easy travelling with a small child on your own. (The whole buggy, bag, boarding card, seatbelt, confined space thing is really tiring.)

Emily is doing well, her hair is growing at a pace and she now can wear shoes without them falling off, although she prefers the taste of them!

We are going to visit our wonderful childminder next week so that Emily can get used to her. We have no worries about this, it will be good for Emily to be with other children. She will also be with her Grandmum on a Wednesday.

Apart from that we have been busy finger painting, singing, playing, walking, gardening and having fun. We are now using the floor more as I cannot leave Emily in the chair as she fell off yesterday and bumped her head. We went to the doctors but all is well. (Bad mummy has learnt a lesson!!) She is a real joy, loving books and learning to treat them nicely without pulling at the flaps! Her favourite at the moment is Animal Hide and Seek and Dear Zoo! She is sleeping well, but now sleeps on her tummy. No matter what we do she always ends up there; one battle she is winning!

For me, well I am now starting to get my head around school things;I am back 3 weeks on Monday, so I am going to look in my cupboards to see if I have any clothes that fit, look professional and that I still like! On the house front, still nothing, apparently house sales are slow due to economic issues etc as well as it only being the start of Spring. My parents are now back in Romania and enjoying their work. Check them out on www.projectromania.blogspot.com.

Enjoy Spring, the flowers are beautiful in the parks, and remember that tomorrow the clocks go forward and we lose an hour of sleep!

P.S Big congratulations to Derek and Sandra on the safe arrival of their baby daughter.

The blog police can now rest that I have blogged. (It has only been about a week!)

2 comments:

iulia and geordan said...

Hurray! I wondered what had gone wrong with the world?! JA is back on the blog-scene! Again, I know you aren't bothered, but please accept my sincere appologies about Friday's lunch! Hugs for you and E!

i

Knights @ not so round table said...

Hope the bacck to school/clothes thing goes well. Sometimes going back to work is not nice.
R
xx