Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekends away

This weekend we have been away to Edale with Jamie's parents and David and Nicola. We stayed in a beautiful refurbished barn where we overlooked the grazing pastures for the sheep. We had a great time visiting Chatsworth house and the farm there, the village of Eyam, where bubonic plague came in 1665 and Castleton where we heard pipe bands playing and the streets are decorated with trees and lights. I have uploaded some pictures. (as usual)
Chatsworth House


Running in circles and getting nowhere!
Chatsworth Farm


The scab on her nose is from Thursday when she opened the back door and fell out over the step as I was putting the cleaning box in the shed!


I only noticed the no photography sign as I closed the door when leaving Eyam church. At least no one was in there when I was, so I wasn't interrupting anyone!

The 'Plague' Window and a Norman Window, the oldest window in the church yet it lots so contemporary. A celtic cross dating back to the 8th century. Wow that's old.




The road between Edale and Castleton, a 10% hill.

It was Dad's birthday today, Happy Birthday to you. I think that is enough for now and I have so much to do before tomorrow at school, but I was excited to post pictures of our cool weekend and to use our new camera too.


2 comments:

hendricks said...

Thanks for the pics. We were sorry to miss your call. What a lovely weekend away. I am sure Emily had a splendid time with all of the McCulloch's. It is only going to get more fun with the arrival of a new McCulloch this summer.

esty said...

Great pictures! We do miss the lovely English countryside. Looks like you had a nice time. You are all looking well.

E&E x