Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Chaos and life

Emily has been busy choosing things to put in a shoebox to send to a child in another country. It was mega hard trying to explain to her that she couldn't keep the Jelly Men (Jelly Babies - we don't call them babies because Joel is a baby and we don't eat him. She hasn't made the connection that we don't eat men either!)
Joel has had his second lot of vaccinations this week and is now ......drum roll please......11lb 7oz! Wow, we are now over the 5 kilo mark and are getting closer to the target of 6 kilos. We might even get there before our cardiologist appointment in January. :) He is getting stronger every day and is almost holding his head up unaided. (It is leaning against the chair in this pic)We can see a real difference in him, but his tube just makes him look different.
I was in the Dr's waiting room and overheard two ladies chatting about him. I was astonished and speechless and too worn down to reply but they were debating why he had his tube.
"Do you think she smoked during her pregnancy so he was small?"
"She probably worked too hard during it, these modern women work so hard and don't think about the consequences. He probably came to early due to stress!"
I should have told them that I have only ever took one puff of a cigarette when I was 12 years old, that he wasn't small but 7lbs 12 oz at birth, that he wasn't early, but 14 days overdue and that I stopped work on the 24th July and he didn't arrive until 17th August and that I work part time whilst looking after my healthy non tubed daughter. AND furthermore, he has a congential heart condition that is not related to anything I have or have not done. Thank you very much for your concern for the well being of my beautiful son! Oh the things you hear and don't hear!
Life is chaos at the moment. Our boiler is broken; the gas man is coming this afternoon to fit the new part, the surveyor is coming to check if we have cavity wall insulation and loft insulation and the car is going to the Peugeot garage this afternoon to see if they can fix the power steering. It costs £75 just for them to out it on their computer! Scandalous! But our nice fruit and vegetables have arrived from Abel and Cole and we are going to have a curry tonight if the electricity and water is back on - then I can make it.
Meanwhile on the vaseline front - - - - - it is still in her hair. I washed it 3 times last night with a variety of shampoos; still slimey. At least it wasn't scissors.



1 comment:

iulia and geordan said...

So sorry about silly comments you heard in the doctors office! I saw (and held) Joel on Sunday and I was telling Jamie how much better he looked! He has really filled out again! And his smile is gorgeous! Everyone must have thought I was mad because I just kept pulling faces to make him smile all service (everyone else only saw me pulling faces- not WHOM I was fulling them for! ). Did J ask you about Saturday the 13th? Would love to catch up. Lots of love and a big hug.xx