Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Little Story

As you can tell there has not really been much going on on this page for which we both apologise. However, I thought I would share a silly little story from my day at school:

During my bottom set Year 8 lesson, one pupil who has Special Needs (William) began crying as his support teacher left him and went and sat with someone else. I asked him if he was ok and through his sobs I heard him say, "Miss thinks I trumped!" I wasn't quite sure how to take this so left it until the end of the lesson.
When the class left, his support teacher came to speak to me about William. She said that he had recently been trumping a lot in lessons and that the smell is unbearable (like rotten eggs apparently). The Support Teachers had told him that when he needs to trump he is to go outside and relieve himself there! During today's lesson, she claimed, he had let one slip. When she confronted him about this he denied any wrong doing to the extent that he said she could have done it! As a result of the bad smell she had left him and this had caused him to start crying. I was truly thankful for now being in the know!
Two days later, when I had the same class again, I was standing at the front explaining what we were going to be doing. Mid-sentence, William's hand shot up. "Mr McCulloch, I have to go outside to trump." Sounding shocked I let him go. The whole class at this point fell completely silent as they wondered if they had heard correctly. We all watched William go outside, close the door, relieve himself and come back inside. At that point we all just burst out laughing at a very surreal moment. Thankfully William saw the funny side too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Matthew Francis said...

You teachers have to go through a lot!