Monday, February 05, 2007

Trip to Belfast


This weekend we jetted off to Belfast to attend our niece's dedication ceremony. This is the fifth time that Emily had visited Belfast and the 4th time she had flown there, (not bad considering she turned 7 months old yesterday!!)
Jamie, Emily, my Dad and brother (Del) went to visit the Northern Irish parliament building at Stormont. They walked up the mile long boulevard to get these pictures and peer through the windows. (Not sure if you could do that in London!)

It was a beautiful spring day, with lots of sunshine, Emily had lots of reasons to smile and seemed to enjoy her day out with her daddy, Granda and Uncle! She also seemed to have fun in her new stroller; we got a lightweight one as her proper pram gets so bashed on the plane. For those who are wondering what I was doing...I was back at my parents having my hair cut. I am not too sure about having a fringe again but it's too late now, the hair has been cut and the fringe is back although it does not start from the back of my head this time!

Ellie-May's dedication service was lovely with my Dad doing a great job, it was weird seeing him standing back in the same place that he stood all those years ago when I was a teenager and he was a Pastor. I watched him dedicate, bless and christen many babies, this time it was great to see him dedicate my niece and god daughter. I am so proud of him, he is a great dad and I believe a great Pastor. There are many folk who call him 'Pastor' even though he doesn't have an official parish.

The happy proud parents

Judith, David, Emma and Paul

On the weaning front... Emily is doing really well. She enjoys cod, chicken and veggies, but she has a real taste for fruit. I hope she hasn't got my sweet tooth. I am so fortunate to have this time off work to make her food. I am enjoying trying out new recipe's from Gina Ford and Annabel Caramel's cookery books. (I think her name is great, having a surname like that and writing recipes!)I have spent ages in the baby aisle at the supermarket looking at baby food. It is so confusing, the ones that are labeled healthy, organic, 'good' are not good, they are often full of sugar. SO if anyone out there knows of any GOOD food out there, let me know as I can't make snacks for Emily forever.

On the work front... it is official. I am going back all day Monday and Wednesday and Tuesday afternoons. It is not exactly as I had hoped but they have done all they can to accommodate me. This is until September, I will find out in June what they can do for me in September. Emily is going to Sarah (Childminder) on Mondays and Tuesdays and Elizabeth (Grandmum) on Wednesdays. April 16th is my first day back; I will be taking the deputy head's classs on Monday and Tuesday and am floating on Wednesdays.

On the house front, we have a person coming back for a second viewing on Sunday. Lets hope he likes it.

That's all, a bit of a mish mash, dedication photos will follow as there isn't enough room!

3 comments:

Knights @ not so round table said...

Great news about work - on the baby food front once I finished preparing my own I used to use Organix stuff. They do great snacks for toddlers as well
R
xx

Sarah Louise said...

I don't think there are many 'healthy' snacks out there as they all have a bit of something they can't have in. You just have to say everything in moderation. If they have the majority of their meals good wholesome homemade food without the extra additives, salts and sugars they will be fine having occasional not so healthy things. Ps How have you got your new profile photo up. I've spent hours trying to post a picture and it just won't work!
Sarah x

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

upload the piccie to your site, then go into edit profile.
Open a new window, then click on edit posts, then edit html, and from that copy the photo address into your edit profile.
Try that, hope it works
JA