Sunday, June 22, 2008

The time has come to enter the twilight zone.


Today I celebrated my 30th birthday. It has been a great weekend of celebrations. Yesterday I had my friends and family for High Tea and today we had a family BBQ to celebrate. Lots of food and cake. It was so cool to celbrate with Uni friends, church friends, colleagues, youth group friends, new friends, old friends and family. My parents came over to celebrate with me, sadly my sisters and brother could not make it as they have had new babies in the last fortnight but my new nephew had his first visit to our house. Tea was great, cakes were tasty and laughter was abundant. (Sadly so was the rain so we didn't spend much time outside!)

Gifts were greatly recieved and much appreciated, plants for the garden, jewellery, bags, books, magazines, photo albums, flowers, flowers, flowers, vases, a gift of an original piece of art work of my choice from my friend who is/was a graphic designer, clothes and candles! ( I realise how loved and spoilt I am!)

Today we had a great breakfast round the table opening more gifts, a new watch, bracelet, necklace, money for sunglasses, chocs, books and a 2 day trip to London to see Phantom of the Opera!! (Did I mention I was spoilt?)

A great BBQ with family and more presents, a beautiful Tiffany necklace, bracelet and earrings as well as another pair of earrings, chocs, pampering things for my feet and a book.

Wow. what a birthday weekend, what a treat. I realise how people rich I am, how loved and looked after I am. I do not take my freinds and family for granted but give thanks for you all, near and far, seen often and seen little, spoken to often and spoken to little, you are thought of regularly and loved.

Many thanks to you all, the cards, letters, emails, gifts, thoughts and love is appreciated. I am signing off now, my first post as a thirty year old, maybe in my thirties I may have more to say that is interesting apart from the ramblings of my daily life.

1 comment:

esty said...

Happy Birthday Julie-Ann! We're so glad you had a wonderful weekend celebrating. Wish we were there too. Much love E&E x