Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We made it.

From this back at the beginning of September...to this today.
Joel made it to 6Kg. He is 6.17 Kg or 13lb and 9 oz in old fashioned speak. He is now the weight he needs to be to have surgery should he need it. (We hope that next week when he has his scan, the cardiologist will announce that there has been a miracle!)
We can't believe that he has made it; sometimes through tears (from emotional me!) and tantrums (again from me!) and disappointment, as well as guilt (are we doing things right? is it our fault? are we trying hard enough?)
The one thing that we do know is that we are here and are grateful for love and prayers from far flung corners of the world, from friends old and new, from family near and far.
So, we wait for news a week on Thursday, we pray for a miracle and know that it could happen (I heard his heart yesterday at the Dr's as he has a cold - it sounds the same as before but you never know what's going on til you see the scan.)

1 comment:

iulia and geordan said...

Hurray!! What a precious boy- and more and more beautiful each time we see him! We love him and you all loads! I still want to come for the scan next week. Can you tell me what time? I think I'll just meet you at yours if thats ok, and we can go together.
Big hugs and big congratulations!!!
xxx