Monday, March 20, 2006

Another week zooms by

Well, I did promise I would write at least every week, however this week just seems to have sped away at a pace of light years with not a lot happening.

I have been on courses on how to improve children's writing to level 5. Shouldn't it be how to encourage children to write imaginatively and creatively and not just to pass a test at the end of Key Stage 2?
I have been to visit a neighbouring school to share experiences and knowledge on how to improve the standards in Mathematics in our schools.
I have been to a staff meeting about improving map skills and hygiene in food technology.
I have been in reviews about special educational needs kids and how if I fill out more forms the government will give school more money so that we can deal we their complex learning needs.

Oh and I have taught my 35 Year 6 darlings that sugar dissolves quicker in hot water as the higher the temperature of the water, the more energy it contains therefore the solid will dissolve faster! ( What is the point? I hear some of you say) TO PASS THE KEYSTAGE 2 TEST, SILLY!

But don't worry, tomorrow I am doing sensible things like hockey, drugs education, probability and writing in simple and complex sentences, using a variety of connectives and punctuation.

Well, I am off now to get my lessons ready, hopefully this week will not fly by so quickly and hopefully I will have something more interesting to blog about by the weekend!

1 comment:

Knights @ not so round table said...

Do I detect a hint of cynicism re SAts?