Sunday, March 05, 2006

A visit to the capital

Well, this weekend was our third in a row away from home. ( Willow, our poor cat will eventually forgive us!)
Paris, York for a Christening and this weekend a visit to London with Eif and Esther to see Mary Poppins. What an amazing show and she really flew ( ok on wires but you couldn't tell!)
I am sure I could feel Jaime and Eifion's feet tapping beside me and Esther and I were definitely humming along in places.
We also had a chance to visit the Natural History museum. What a remarkable building! It was great. We did the shuffle, as it was so packed, past the dinosaur exhibition, we visited the Human body section and the Earth Sciences part about volcanoes and extreme weather. (that was 3 1/2 hours worth) We really enjoyed it and would love to visit soon.
Just a question. Has anyone seen the film 'one of our dinosaurs is missing' with Peter Ustinov? Jaime and I think it was filmed there. Any opinions out there?

What a great weekend, We squeezed in lots of good time with our friends before they leave for Australia in 5 weeks!!!!! We are now back in Manchester for the next 2 and then off to Belfast for my parents 30th wedding anniversary party. This bobbing around will have to be reduced soon, but for now we are having a great time seeing friends and family.
Jon and Roz, watch out we hope to visit at Easter!!!

2 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Glad to see that my wife is struggling to spell my name correctly.
JAMIE - just for those who weren't sure.
Jaime is the Spanish way to spell my name (or the girly way for those cynics out there!).
J

Knights @ not so round table said...

I can't believe it's still so busy at the NHM! If you are coming to London over Easter come and stay by us. We'll kick Lucy out of her bedroom!