Saturday, July 15, 2006

Summer Fair

Well, we survived summer fair, Emily definatley was a star attraction. Poor Jamie and her were often backed into a space surrounded by a group of parents or children all wanting to get the perfect view. Emily slept through most of the commotion, even when we were waiting for her numbers to come up in the raffle that I, (as the guess of honour,) had the priviledge of drawing!
It was great to see everyone and say goodbye to my class and their parents. I have worked with a lot of them for the past 3 years and feel a sense of duty and responsibility for and tothem. They were generous with their smiles and well wishes. It was a nice ending to my full time teaching career, my teaching job is on the back burner now. Emily and family life is my priority now and St Marks will not enter my life until I go back at Easter 2007.
When we got home Emily recieved a package from Australia, thanks to Eifion and Esther who sent a cool blanket with a Koala on it - great aussie pressie! What a busy day. Her first trip to Manchester, back at school... she and I were pretty exhausted by the end of the day, a long sleep was needed for both!

2 comments:

hendricks said...

I love that last picture!

esty said...

Me too! Beautiful mother and daughter.

Glad the Koala made it safely - never has one travelled so quickly I'm sure! We hope you enjoy lazy sunny afternoons relaxing with the Koala in the garden.

Love E & E