Sunday, September 03, 2006

Last few thoughts

Well, Sunday has arrived which means the Monday get-up is just around the corner. Six weeks have flown by as usual and I am now facing the prospect of a restless nights sleep knowing I have to wake to the alarm tomorrow - rather than the cry of Emily next door!
In a way, starting back is going to be good for the 3 of us. Alot of the activities JA wants to be a part of start up in September (baby massage, mum and baby library sessions etc) so it will be nice for the ladies to get in a routine of fun during the week. I'll let you know how things have been next Sunday!
On another note, I managed to get tickets to the England vs Andorra match the other night. Not that there was a problem with availability or anything but I have never been to see England before so Dave and I gave it a crack. When speaking to a few others about going I was surprised to hear "I wouldn't pay to go and see England." I have to say it wasn't that bad and I just enjoyed the experience. Maybe next time I'll see better opposition!

A lovely gesture during the national anthems!

So, I will leave you now as I am off upstairs to kiss Emily goodnight. I am going to miss having all that time to spend with her during the day but I know that things will settle quickly.


How could you not miss seeing this during morning play?!?!

3 comments:

Knights @ not so round table said...

That lovely smile will be waiting for you when you return from work! Hope the return to the working world will not be too tough on re-entry
Rosie

iulia and geordan said...

Definately Jamie in that shot! :) Happy first week back at school!Sadly, your misfortune is my freedom! Boys are back at school so my hours lessen considerably!
On the match...Though I'm very happy for Defoe's much needed two goals, I felt so badly for Andora! Its just ridiculous to let teams of such different caliber play each other on an international stage! Sure made us look good though. My favorite part of the broadcast- which you probably didn't see as you were at the match- was when Gary L. looked right into the camera and said 'missing you Sven!'

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

I wish we hadn't been allowed to play the Andorans too as they were diving cheats. They reminded me of the Italians.
I have also noticed how cowardly tv presenters are because as soon as the manager has gone they start throwing the abusive lines in. They didn't have the courage to do it during the manager's term because they knew they would refuse interviews etc. That's why I'm behind Fergie for boycotting the BBC.
J