Monday, May 07, 2007

Bank Holiday Weekends

Chatsworth House, Home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire

Silly Moorhen, having a shower under the Fountain 13 'Steps' each one at different heights so that the water sounds different.




This weekend we made it to Chatsworth House, one of my favourite places to visit. We had a great day in the sunshine, we walked, ate ice cream, walked, played with the ball, walked some more and lazed in the sun. The gardens are truely beautiful.
On Sunday we had fun with Emily, she refused to go to sleep for most of the day, instead choosing to whine. We are not used to this as she is usually such a happy babe, we got used to people staring at us because she was in such a foul mood!
Today we went to walk the canal path at Marple and visit the 16 locks there. (Photos will follow on the next Blog) I was risk assessing the venue for my class. As we are learining about canals and this one is 2 stops away on the train ....we are going to visit in June. I am not so sure about the water... open spaces.... and wooded areas... we will have to see if my Head will allow it. I think I will need a better adult to child ratio than usual.
On the house sale... well our house is now £5000 cheaper. This weekend we have spent time painting our kitchen cupboards and putting new handles on. (Jamie is busy measuring where the holes will be for the handles as I type!) We have put away a lot of our dishes to free up space and are still trying to declutter. I do have to say it is difficult to give a sense of space when there is so much stuff needed for an active baby! (Also I like stuff and things so it is hard for me to declutter!)
It has been great having an extra day off together. Now that I am back at work, every day seems more and more precious. Well that is all, Emily is sleeping (bum on the air) Jamie is measuring (oh the maths) and I am procrastinating, (I hate doing school work at home!) All is well in the McCulloch House. Thanks be to God.

1 comment:

hendricks said...

Thanks for the post. It looks like you had a lovely weekend. We would have loved to have joined you! We are praying that your house sells and that you will find the right place to settle in for awhile.