Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mum

Happy Birthday Mum.




Today my Mum celebrates a significant birthday. We were in Belfast this past weekend to celebrate and catch up. It was nice to see all the clan. On the Emily front, her balance is imporving, she can now ride her bike. Unfortunately her legs are a little too short so we pull her across the room. That is when she falls off!
On the work front, we are managing the rhythms of work and home. I am trying to adjust to the less responsibility and nowhere to leave my coat and file. I am really struggling to deal with the not being needed in the same way, and not being noticed by some at all. I do have to say there is a small army of people who are looking out for me and trying to support me, without them I think I would be miserable, instead I am quietly unhappy. I suppose I should just be happy I have the stability of a job and be happy!

Well, that is all for now, we are well and wish Mum a very, very happy birthday and a great fun filled year ahead.

3 comments:

iulia and geordan said...

I LOVE the picture of E with her sun-proof cap and her little tongue sticking out towards the right. Seriously cute baby girl! Speaking of birthdays...since ours are only 1 day apart, what about having a joint celebration of some sort this year JA?
We are thinking of you three and praying about adjustments to JA working again. Hang in there!

i

hendricks said...

Emily is too cute!! We would love to play with her; she looks like a lot of fun. The adjustment to going back to work is large; I found my relationship with school to be quite different. Not only because I spend less time there but because I have other priorities. It has been much less fulfilling than it was previously. You are early in and it is a tough time in the year to return. We are praying for all three of you.

We miss you terribly,

Sara

esty said...

Thanks for all the brilliant photos and video - she is growing up quickly and is so gorguess! Thinking of you as you get back into being at school. Hope you are able to slowly adjust. Praying for you. E x