Monday, April 21, 2008

Thanks be to God

I am not and have not been infected. Yeah! Hopefully all is well with baby; I am at a midwife appointment on Thursday so maybe she will be able to advise etc. In the meantime as there is so much of this nasty virus in school I am not allowed to work for the next 2 weeks, and have to keep an eye on infection rates at school. If they drop, I can go back to work. If not, it is more paper work to do at home time. ( I have loads of policies to rewrite etc.) What a relief, I didn't realise how much I was worried about it until the midwife told me everything seemed ok.
Sadly, I am not at school to support my colleagues through the inspection. It feels weird as I feel that St Marks runs through my veins and to be prevented from defending it's honour is strange. I do have to go to meet the inspector for an interview to discuss my role and to evidence the Self Evaluation Form that relates to my areas of management. Also, I am sad for my little class who have 2 teachers who are not working due to health issues. They must be really fed up with all this change and upheaval.
On a different note, we rang up to check what to do about our phone number etc. What a pain. It takes 14 days to cut off, but in that 14 days you have no service so we can't cut it off now.We have to wait until we move. It takes 14 days to connect from moving in and you can't do it until you move in. Then it takes 4 -6 weeks to sort out the Internet. (Jamie is panicking as he needs it from June 1st for GCSE exam marking.) AND we can't keep our telephone number!!!! Only in Britain does this seem acceptable customer service. I hate call centres!

Emily went back to see Sarah, our childminder today with a big smile on her face. It is so reassuring to know that Emily enjoys her time with Sarah and has so much fun with her. Check out the new look website and see if you can spot a very young looking Emily. She has been going there for one year past on April 16th. Lots of people told me that I would never feel comfortable leaving Emily and going to work, but I can honestly say that it is good for Emily to be there and it is good for me to be at work.

Well that is all for now, Jamie is at the dining table marking books, I am off to wash the tea time dishes and to put the washing machine on. The packing boxes are slowing mounting up and keeping on top of household jobs etc is growing more and more difficult. Roll on May 2nd. ( I may regret that phrase!)

No comments: