Monday, November 13, 2006

Muse

Dave and I went to a concert at the MEN on Saturday night to hear Muse. I've been listening to their stuff for a little while now so I thought I would take up Davy's offer to go and see them.
Well, I have to say that it the best concert I have been to in a very long time.
They are a pretty heavy outfit but the whole show was immense. I have never seen such a magnificent guitar player whose fingers just took control of that fret-board.


On top of the music the whole stage show/production was excellent. The picture below shows the moment when they sent out huge balloons across the front of the stage. They were filled with feathers and when burst caused a downpour of red fluff!!

It was a brilliant experience and I will make sure I try and see them again at some point.

If you are interested in hearing them play live here is a link to them playing in concert a couple of years ago. I enjoy listening whilst I'm marking books after work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried to get tickets off touts for that gig! even they were all sold out. i've seen muse twice already, but it's worth another look as they really do put on a good show. they have a talent for capturing the audience i think. glad you enjoyed it! wish i was there!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

I was surprised at how little interacting they did with the crowd. Their main objective seemed to be to play as many songs as possible. I'm not complaining because they truly were world class!
J