Thursday, November 30, 2006

On a different note...

On the way to school this morning I couldn't help but notice the beautiful sky ahead. The sun was rising with a shade of pink and purple. I couldn't wait to get out of the car so that I could take a picture of it! (This is actually taken from my classroom window at 7:41)
A few minutes later I noticed a change in colour and took another picture. Only when I looked at them on the computer did I see the complete contrast in colours. All in just 8 minutes! It was a lovely way to start the day. (Apart from Emily's smile when I picked her up this morning!)


On a different note - football on Tuesday has been much better over the last 2 weeks. I realised that people's advice varied significantly from the comments I read. However, this week the highlight was that one of our players had become a dad for the first time. We asked him what they were calling their son.

"Toby," was his reply. (After 2 weeks of deciding)

"Toby Syrett heh? Sounds good."

"Toby McSyrett."

"But we thought your surname was Syrett?"

"Yes, but my wife's name is MacCaldon so we joined them together for Toby's surname."

Well, we were all tickled pink by that one! Knowing him we shouldn't have been surprised. However, it sounds a bit strange that all 3 of them will now have different names!

Try it with your children's names to come up with potential surnames - Emily Pattulloch ?

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Nice piccies J, shame you have to leave before the sun rises in the morning!
Love you
JAxx