Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bizarre Evenings.

Well tonight was one of them.
After rushing out of school after a senior management meeting discussing mental maths targets ( I know not the most riveting) Jamie kindly went with me to our secondary feeder school open evening, the night when the school puts on their best performance to woo prospective pupils and their parents. Que the two young adults without children!! Yes I went along as a feeder primary teacher.
How scarey, what difficult decisions will have to be made for all you parents out there!
Actually, it was amazing to see how my class behaved and although with their parents they still came to me for reassurance and for answers. I suppose I realised how vunerable they are as 11 year old children and how I do actually make a difference.
So, between the two teaching McCullochs, today has been an 'ahh' day, 'ahh' we like our jobs!
Now bring on tomorrow!

No comments: