Thursday, October 13, 2005

Second Open Evening of the week



Well tonight was the turn of Hazel Grove High School to show off their wares to me as I did the obligatory tour whilst Jamie was busy wooing the Year 6's to choose his school.
I have been in 2 secondary schools this week and I want to let you know this.
Despite what we see on our televisions or read in our newspapers, the young people who I have met this week do not strike me as unruly, disrespectful or out of control. Granted, these children were probably chosen to be ambassadors for their school for a reason; I did meet lots of other pupils who were not especially chosen, and I was amazed to see the interaction between past and current pupils with the staff. The positive relationships and banter was so apparent.
So what am I trying to say?
All of you parents out there...... I don't believe that secondary education in the 2 secondary schools I visited this week is that bad and I need to remind you not to believe all you hear or read in the media. Oh, and you secondary teachers out there... keep up the hard, invaluable work you do!

Got it?

Maybe you might want to check out HGHS's website! http://www.stockportmbc.gov.uk/secondary/hazelgrove/

1 comment:

Knights @ not so round table said...

You are fortunate to have decent secondary schools near you. You need to take a trip down south to our part of Essex and you'll see the media story (unruly etc) unfolding before your very eyes!